Find Your Next House for Rent in Minden, LA
Located a few miles east of Shreveport, this city in Webster Parish is nestled into the piney woods of northern Louisiana and is a unique community for families of all sizes. Homes for rent in Minden benefit from historic neighborhoods that make living here an experience in and of itself.
Fun Facts About Minden's history for New Residents
- The first frameworks for the city were laid out by Charles Veeder in 1835. He built an inn on a hilltop near Bayou Dorcheat, where he laid out Minden into a parallelogram. He named it after the home of his German ancestors.
- Throughout the winter of 1864, more than 15,000 Confederate troops made camp east of Minden. While no battles were ever physically fought in the city, it surrendered to Union forces in May 1865 and was occupied by soldiers from the 61st United States Colored Troops.
- In February 1871, Webster Parish was formed. Minden became the parish seat and still holds that title today.
Useful Resources for Renters New to Minden
- The Minden Airport is owned and operated by the city, which plans to expand its services with a new terminal, parallel taxiway, corporate hangars and maintenance facility. Visitors can rent cars for travel, as well as rent out its luxurious conference room.
- The library in Minden is managed by the Webster Parish Library System, providing residents with a range of activities and materials to expand their minds and nurture intelligence. It also offers reading programs for the city's youth and a book club for adults.
What to Do in Minden
With its old fashioned charm and abundance of outdoor recreational activities, Minden has no limits on fun and social life for families interested in renting homes in this quaint Louisiana city.