Find Your Next House for Rent in Kenner, LA
Located a short drive from New Orleans, this city in Jefferson Parish benefits from its premier aquatic location between the Mississippi River and Lake Pontchartrain. Homes for rent in Kenner offer families scenic views and easy access to recreational activities and social events.
Important Facts for New Kenner Renters
- The city was founded in 1855 when a small portion of its land was purchased to extend a railroad through its borders. It had its roots in the industrial economy, as the Coleman Iron Foundry was its first establishment.
- During the Civil War, Kenner was placed under martial law by the Confederate Army due to its key location along the Mississippi River. In 1865, Union forces invaded the city and dumped the contents of the Coleman Foundry into the river.
- It was officially classified as a city in 1952 as its population continued to rise. It was chosen as the site for the New Orleans International Airport as well.
Useful Resources for Residents New to Kenner
- The North Kenner Library operates under the Jefferson Parish Library system and strives to provide the city with top-notch educational materials for all ages to enjoy. With public computers available to residents and a wide array of books, there's always something new to learn.
- The Kenner Parks and Recreation Department aims to maintain pristine recreation areas for citizens to use at all times of the year. First-class programs and high-quality facilities barely scratch the surface of this organization's contributions to the city.
What to Do in Kenner
The appeal of Kenner lies in its strong sense of community and unparalleled access to countless amenities, which make living in this Louisiana city a true wonder for the entire family.