Explore Ideal Houses for Rent in Pleasant Hill, IA
Pleasant Hill is a city in Polk County, Iowa, next to Des Moines and Altoona. As part of the Des Moines - West Des Moines metropolitan area, homes for rent in Pleasant Hill are conveniently located for those who need to commute to the capital city for work but want to enjoy a more suburban lifestyle with their families. With an attractive landscape, plenty of amenities and a family-friendly atmosphere, Pleasant Hill is a wonderful community for those looking to settle down in Iowa.
Outdoor Recreational Opportunities in Pleasant Hill
- Copper Creek Lake Park has a variety of fun features for families to enjoy, like fishing, playground equipment and a woodland nature trail. As part of the Four Mile Creek Greenway Trail system, renters who use this facility can connect with several other communities in the Des Moines area.
- Doanes Park, the oldest park in the city, is equipped with baseball fields, tennis courts, playground equipment and restroom facilities for visitors. All 43 acres are worth exploring.
- Oak Hill Park is a smaller neighborhood park in Copper Creek Estates that's perfect for a fun afternoon. It has basketball courts, playground equipment and open green space for residents to take advantage of.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Pleasant Hill's website for all kinds of useful information that can help new residents get settled in the community. It has events calendars, newsletters, town meeting agendas and minutes, department contact information and tons of links for renters to explore to learn more about the city.
- The Pleasant Hill Chamber of Commerce's website can come in handy for renters who are looking to make business contacts in the city. It has directories and job search resources for new residents to use.
- Pleasant Hill has a Facebook page that's full of interesting information about the city that residents might find appealing. Check it out and give it a Like!