Find Houses for Rent in Leesburg, GA
Leesburg is a city and the county seat in Lee County. It's approximately 17 minutes from the city of Albany. Homes for rent allow families to delve into some southern cuisine at Meatslangers BBQ, feed your fish craving at The Wharf Express or paddle along one of the nearby riverways.
Facts for Renters
- The town was incorporated into Georgia in 1898.
- There are only two incorporated towns in Lee County: Leesburg and Smithville.
- Leesburg's courthouse was built around 1918 and still stands today. It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Leesburg was once known as Wooten Station. It was initially settled and founded in 1870 when the Central of Georgia Railway came to the area.
- Lee County was founded in 1826 by the General Assembly of Georgia. There's a debate over who the town was named after, with no historical record to prove either opinion. Some believe it's Maj. Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III who was a commander in the Revolutionary War. Others believe the area was named after Richard Henry Lee who signed the Declaration of Independence.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about the history of Leesburg and Lee County by checking out the Lee County website.
- Get the local scoop on daily news, current events and the expected weather forecast for the week by reading the area's publication the Lee County Ledger.
- Renters can find out how to enroll their children at local schools, when parent teacher conferences are or what holidays the students get off by looking on the Lee County School District website.