Find Houses for Rent in West Melbourne, FL
West Melbourne is a city located in southern Brevard County. It's about 70 miles southeast of Orlando, and close to Melbourne, Palm Bay and Cape Canaveral. This coastal community - less than 5 miles from the Indian River and under 10 miles from the Atlantic Ocean - is one of the county's fastest-growing cities, as people have begun to realize West Melbourne's value as a hidden jewel of the area. Families looking at homes for rent in Brevard County will love the intimate, small-town atmosphere of West Melbourne and appreciate its rapidly developing possibilities.
The city is situated in one of the top U.S. regions for technological development - the "Space Coast" of Florida. Tech businesses have thrived for many years in and around West Melbourne, offering numerous potential jobs for residents. Recreational, educational and cultural opportunities also abound here.
Facts for Renters
- Once an informal neighborhood of Melbourne proper, West Melbourne was incorporated in 1959 so it wouldn't be officially annexed by the city.
- Elementary schools in West Melbourne include Meadowlane Primary and Intermediate Elementary Schools, as well as the West Melbourne Elementary School of Science. Central Middle School is also within the city limits. High school students attend either Palm Bay, Melbourne or Heritage High, in Palm Bay and Melbourne.
- Brevard County is highly supportive of the arts, with multiple orchestras, art festivals, theaters and art museums close to West Melbourne.
- Nearby natural attractions include Max K. Rodes Park and Erna Nixon Park.
Resources for Renters
- Learn about city schools at the Brevard County Schools website.
- Review the West Melbourne Recreation Department's events calendar to get a sense of local culture.
- Take a look at West Melbourne's resources for those interested in starting a local business and taking advantage of the robust tech economy.