Discover Houses for Rent in Lake Wales, FL
Lake Wales is a scenic city located in the heart of Central Florida, and it's also situated on the point of highest altitude in the state. Homes for rent in Lake Wales are part of an active community with plenty of yearly events to keep residents busy. The area's many lakes provide residents with calming scenes of nature and plenty of trails to hike.
4 Things Lake Wales Renters Should Know
- Lake Wales was founded in 1911 by a business group called the Lake Wales Land Company. It was considered an attractive place to settle due to its green hills and numerous lakes.
- Homes for rent in Lake Wales are less than 67 miles from Tampa and less than 58 miles from Orlando.
- Lake Wales is part of the larger Lakeland-Winter Haven Metro Area and is only around 30 miles from Lakeland.
- Top orange juice producer Florida's Natural is based in Lake Wales.
Top Resources for Lake Wales Renters
- Lake Wales is serviced by a number of charter schools that aim to provide a quality education to all children in the city. Parents can go to the Lake Wales Charter Web page to find out more information on what the program entails. There are five elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. For renters interested in an alternative education, there are a few parochial schools in the neighborhood as well.
- Bus service to Winter Haven is provided by the Winter Haven Area Transit for those without a car who may need to travel to the city.
- The Lake Wales website offers renters useful information about city services.
Things to Do in the Lake Wales Area
Renters in Lake Wales have to check out the marvelous Bok Tower Gardens. The gardens are a national historic landmark and were designed by famed landscaper Frederick Law Olmsted. Spook Hill is a favorite site among locals who enjoy the optical illusion of the gravity hill.