Discover Houses for Rent in Willimantic, Connecticut
Willimantic is in Windham, which is in Windham County. It's about 40 minutes away from the state capital, Hartford. Nearby cities include Columbia, Windham and Franklin. The city is a great place for families looking for homes for rent because all it has to offer children and adults. During the summer, you can send your daughters to sleep-away camp at Camp Laurel in Lebanon. The facility offers various programs geared toward the building blocks of The Girl Scouts of America. There are many opportunities to earn more patches, make new friends and acquire survival skills. Camp Laurel is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to fun activities in the area.
Fun Facts about Willimantic
- Grab a bite and a local brewed beer at The Willimantic Brewing Co, also called Main Street Cafe. Call ahead to make a reservation or show up early to grab a drink at the bar while you wait for a table.
- The Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular in Providence, Rhode Island is worth the trek. Tour the grandiose display of gourds with your loved ones. More than 5,000 lit jack-o-lanterns dot the trails.
- Kick off fall on the right foot by heading to Apple Harvest Festival in Southington, which has rides, games, arts and crafts, and plenty of food.
Information for Renters
- Visit Windham's official website to learn about its local government and community events. The site has resources relevant to employment, marriage certificates and zoning applications.
- Check out the Windham Chamber of Commerce if you're interested in advocating for businesses in the area. Joining the chamber is also a great way to get involved with the community and make new friends.