Explore Houses for Rent in Waterford, Connecticut
Waterford is in New London County. Nearby cities include East Lyme, Montville and Old Saybrook. The city sits right on the Atlantic Ocean and is adjacent to Ocean Beach Park - two reasons why it's a great place for families looking for homes for rent. Proximity to the shoreline means not having to drive far or pay for parking to enjoy a beautiful day by the water. Pack a picnic or enjoy the area's string of shops and restaurants on your adventure. In addition to these outdoor amenities, there are plenty of other family-friendly offerings in the area.
Fun Facts about Waterford
- Munchies Food Truck parks in New London, which is the next town over. Stop by for its lauded fresh foods, including local produce and high-quality meats.
- Parents can plan their next getaway at Mohegan Sun casino. Whether you're in the mood to go shopping at high-end retailers or grab a burger, you'll surely find what you're looking for.
- The Florence Griswold Museum is the perfect place to spend an afternoon. The facility is accessible by kayak, as it sits on the Lieutenant River. If you stay the day, you can plan to have lunch at the museum or one of the many eateries in the area.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website if you're considering moving. It's a great resource for new members of the community, as it has information on local weather, government and town departments.
- Check out the Chamber of Commerce Eastern Connecticut to learn more about the city's economy. On the site you can also learn how to become a member of the organization.