Find Your Dream House for Rent in Wilmington, CA
Located near Orange and Ladera Ranch, Wilmington is a neighborhood on the south side of Los Angeles. Though Wilmington is dotted by parks, including one on the water, the real draw is the young and vibrant crowd. Homes for rent are only minutes from downtown LA, which makes Wilmington perfect for people who want a little excitement in their lives.
Interesting Facts About Wilmington
- The Drum Barracks Civil War Museum commemorates the veterans who fought and protected southern California and the Arizona territories during the Civil War. Residents can learn about California's role in the war, and the museum puts on occasional discussions and public events for the community.
- Wilmington sits on top of the third largest oil field in the continental U.S., but rather than using their storage containers just for that, ConocoPhilips decorates a 3-million gallon storage tank as the world's largest jack-o-lantern every Halloween. The giant tank is painted bright orange and festooned with smiling features and lights.
- Wilmington also hosts the Long Beach Naval Station, a mix of military installations and industrial areas. Founded in the early 20th century, the port was a major staging point in the Pacific Ocean throughout World War II and the Korean War.
Resources for Residents of Wilmington
- Wilmington is home to dozens of schools, but only Phineas Banning High School is named after the original owner of Los Angeles' land grant and the defender of the city's harbor during the Civil War.
- Wilmington has a branch of the Los Angeles Public Library on North Avalon Boulevard. Complete with free wireless Internet, printing and public computers, residents can conduct research and borrow books from one of the most extensive library networks in the country.