Find Your Dream House for Rent in South San Francisco, CA
South San Francisco is an up-and-coming community located minutes outside the Bay Area's largest city. The towns of Pacifica and San Mateo make up the neighboring areas around South San Francisco, but the true draw of the town is its proximity to city life. Residents can take buses or trains to downtown San Francisco every 10 and 30 minutes, making homes for rent in South San Francisco a commuter's dream.
Fun Facts about South San Francisco
- Even though they share similar names, San Francisco proper and South San Francisco are two entirely different cities and are even separated by a third town, Brisbane.
- Though Northern California may be known for its wine, the California Golf Club of San Francisco makes the case for South San Francisco to be known for its golf. Founded in 1918, this members-only club offers professional-caliber golfing with fantastic views of the nearby Sweeney Ridge mountain range.
Resources for Residents of South San Francisco
- The South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce can help entrepreneurs start up new businesses and receive grants to grow old ones. Residents can also look up information on educational events put on by the Chamber of Commerce.
- As part of the San Francisco metropolitan area, the city is serviced by the South San Francisco Station of the Bay Area Rapid Transit system. Residents can reach downtown San Francisco in about 40 to 50 minutes via bus or train.
- The San Francisco International Airport is a mere 10-minute drive from South San Francisco, making this an ideal location for businesspeople who make frequent trips across the Pacific.