Find Houses for Rent in Montecito, CA
Montecito is famous for having one of the best climates in the U.S. A cool Mediterranean environment is created because it sits between the mountains and the ocean. In addition to the climate, Montecito's excellent views attract some of the wealthiest and most famous people around the world, from actors to tech leaders. Montecito is on the coast, and homes for rent are most easily accessible by Route 1/101. Santa Barbara is located directly west and offers families convenient amenities.
Montecito is also home to Westmont College, and renters will enjoy the many parks in the vicinity. Gould Park and Rattlesnake Canyon Park are directly north of the community, while the much larger Los Padres National Forest extends farther.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- In addition to the great weather that make Montecito famous, there are also naturally occurring hot springs nearby. Residents can enjoy the outdoors all day and relax in the springs that night.
- Santa Barbara is just down the street from Montecito and gives families a great place to explore. The city features the Santa Barbara Zoo, Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara City College as well as hospitals, restaurants, stores and local farms.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Santa Barbara County's website can be an excellent tool for people living in Montecito. Because Montecito isn't technically a town or city, the county may be the best place to turn for many of the services that other municipalities typically offer.
- The Montecito Journal is a local free publication that'll allow renters to get a better feel for the community. With feature stories, public notices and upcoming events, the Montecito Journal can come in handy while planning your weekend.
- Children in this community are served by the Montecito Union School District. There's only one school in Montecito and the district, which teaches children through grade six.