Find Perfect Houses for Rent in Montebello, CA
Montebello, Calif., is one of the most romantic cities in Los Angeles County to find homes for rent. Residents here enjoy a host of amenities that you'd expect to find in a major metropolis like Los Angeles, but relish in the charm of being a Gateway City and hosting one of the most well-maintained park systems in the region. All of this and more make this an ideal community for any family to call home.
3 Important Historical Facts About Montebello
- Montebello is Spanish for "beautiful mountain." The city got this title at the suggestion of influential hydraulic engineer William Mulholland when Montebello was established in the late 1800s, replacing the original name, Newmark.
- The city was a haven for indigenous fruits, berries and gorgeous native flowers at the turn of the 20th century, but quickly became known for having massive oil reserves when Standard Oil came to town in the 1910s.
- Montebello is known for having an extremely diverse immigrant population. It's home to one of the oldest Armenian communities in the state and was, historically, a haven for Japanese immigrants.
Benefits Montebello Renters Can Enjoy
- Public safety is a major priority for the Montebello municipal government, as the city has its own large police force as well as a five-division fire department.
- The Montebello Unified School District is disproportionately large and staffed for a city of this size, as it serves parts of several other Gateway communities as well as locals. There are 18 public elementary schools, six intermediate schools, five high schools, four adult schools and several private religious academies in town.
Why Choose Homes for Rent in Montebello?
This city has an unrivaled parks and recreation system, an expansive school district and a dedicated municipal government that make it the perfect place for families to settle.