Find Houses for Rent in Madera, CA
Between Fresno and Merced, Madera is conveniently located along Route 99, which runs north and south through California's interior. Homes for rent are perfect for commuting to Fresno in the south, and they give families a great community to experience. The Madera Municipal Airport is located within the city's limits, next to Madera Municipal Golf Course. Conveniently for Madera residents, the county seat of Madera County is located in town. Another major attraction that residents will love is the Madera District Fairgrounds. With shopping, concerts, a flea market, community events and a speedway, the fairgrounds are a one-stop location for fun in Madera.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Madera's creation was unlike many of the other cities and towns in California. Madera, named for the Spanish word for lumber, was created by the California Lumber Company, whereas many other cities were born out of gold mining or railroad development.
- Because the lumber company wanted a town in the desert area, it auctioned off land and supplied wood to have a town fully constructed within weeks. It was the seat of the county mere years after being founded in the late 1800s.
- Although named for lumber, Madera's main industry eventually changed to farming during the Great Depression.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The official Madera city website is an excellent source of information for everything about the community. From history to current events, the site has it all.
- The Madera Unified School District runs all of the schools in the community and operates a variety of programs for children.
- Citizens and residents in Madera get their local news from The Madera Tribune. The newspaper also has an online presence and a blog, for all of the latest sports results, news and opinions.