Explore Wonderful Houses for Rent in Hughson, CA
Hughson is a small farming community southeast of Modesto. Homes for rent in the area are part of a small, tight-knit community that's ideal for raising a family in. With Modesto fewer than 10 miles away, there's plenty of entertainment. The city frequently celebrates its agricultural roots with events like the Harvest Festival, where residents can do a charity walk, go to a car show, enter a chili cook-off, see concerts and shows and shop at a farmer's market.
Facts for Renters
- While Hughson was once an area known for its peaches, it's now moved on to other crops, namely almonds. 80 percent of the almonds in the world are exported from growers in Central California cities like Hughson, and they are the top tree nut in California.
- The city is named after Hiram Hughson, who owned the land before it became a township. In his time, it was a grain ranch, and later when the San Joaquin Railroad built tracks through the area it became known as Hughson Depot. It became a township in 1907 and was incorporated in 1972.
- In Modesto, renters can bring their children to exciting attractions like Funworks. There's mini-golf, a pirate-themed splash park, go-karts, bumper cars, batting cages and an arcade. There's also a casual dining restaurant on the grounds, and during the summer it hosts a day camp.
Resources for Renters
- At Hughson Family Resource Center, residents can take family wellness classes, get crisis counseling and developmental screenings.
- The City of Hughson website lets renters download forms, read the municipal code, and find contact information for the local government online.
- To learn more about the Harvest Festival and other events sponsored by the Hughson Chamber of Commerce, residents can explore the group's Web page.