Discover Houses for Rent in Fairbanks, AK
Fairbanks is located about seven hours north of Anchorage and less than 800 miles from Juneau. Homes for rent in Fairbanks can appeal to renters looking to live on the frontier between modern civilization and a wilderness filled with breathtakingly beautiful vistas, untouched by human endeavors.
Interesting Things to Know About Fairbanks
- The shortest day of the year in Fairbanks is Dec. 21, the winter solstice. On this date, there are just under four official hours of daylight.
- Felix Pedro struck gold 16 miles north of Fairbanks in 1902. The Fairbanks gold rush began thanks to this event and its timely conjunction with Capt. E.T. Barnette's effort to use the banks of the Chena River to establish a trading post.
- A number of public services were up and running in Fairbanks by 1905, including a hospital, fire personnel, police and a power plant.
- The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner has been the city's sole daily newspaper since its beginning in 1903.
Helpful Fairbanks Tools for Renters
- At the municipal website of the City of Fairbanks, renters can learn about local government and commerce and stay on top of current affairs.
- Information about educational opportunities in Fairbanks is available at the website of the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District.
- Renters can get involved in regional business, keep abreast of area events or explore job listings at the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce website.
Ways to Play in Fairbanks
To enjoy the Alaskan outdoors near Fairbanks rentals, nature lovers can head to Creamer's Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge. The state green space gives visitors the chance to glimpse local wildlife, take naturalist walks, roam several trails or go trapping and hunting. The intellectually intrepid can check out the University of Alaska Museum of North, which houses collections about a variety of topics, including entomology, earth sciences, the fine arts and ornithology.