Find Houses for Rent in Hueytown, AL
Located in the southern region of Jefferson County, this city just outside of Birmingham has beautiful waterways that service commercial transportation in the area. Families will find lovely homes for rent in Hueytown, a community that prides itself on education and encouraging students to strive for excellence.
Interesting Facts for New Hueytown Residents
- The city was home to the "Alabama Gang," a group of NASCAR drivers that dominated the sport in its early years. They put Hueytown on the map as a sports city that churned out successful race car drivers in the '60s and '70s.
- Hueytown High School athletics have a storied history of championships, with their football and girl's softball teams making consistent playoff appearances.
- Residents can enjoy the spoils of the Warrior River, which is located off Allison-Bonnet Memorial Drive at the city's limits. The river stretches for miles, giving citizens access to boating, swimming and other recreational activities.
Important Resources for Renters New to Hueytown
- The schools operate under the Jefferson County School District. It's committed to teaching all children the values of education and provides them with a multitude of extracurricular activities.
Tannehill Historic State Park is only 15 minutes south of Hueytown. With more than 200 campsites, horseback riding and a miniature railroad, it's an ideal attraction to visit on warm summer days.
- Families will love the Alabama Splash Adventure Park in nearby Bessemer. A water park complete with zip lines and adventure courses, it also hosts concerts for visitors.
What to Do in Hueytown
Residents can cheer on the local sports teams or make the short 20-minute trek north to Birmingham. Whatever you decide, Hueytown is a great place to move your family at any time of the year.