Explore Exciting Houses for Rent in Eufaula, AL
Eufaula is a picturesque Southern city on the western banks of the Chattahoochee River across from the Georgia border. Despite its proximity to the state border, this southeastern Alabama city is close to Dothan in the south and Auburn to the north. Families looking to live in a scenic community should look at homes for rent in Eufaula. There are plenty of community activities and recreational opportunities for people living in Eufaula, between the country club, Eufaula Square Shopping Center, parks, campground and, of course, water sports on the river.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Eufaula is the largest city in Barbour County.
- The city's name comes from a tribe of Creek Native Americans called the "Eufaulas" who lived in the area and were open to the settlers who came in 1816.
- Despite its historic background, Eufaula now thrives in a variety of financial sectors, including manufacturing, tourism and agriculture.
- Part of the Chattahoochee River swells outside the city to create the 45,000-acre Lake Eufaula, also called the Walter F. George Reservoir.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The City of Eufaula works to constantly improve the quality of life of its citizens, whether it comes down to growing the regional economy or adding the facilities townspeople want.
- The Eufaula City Schools district has been around since 1872. Despite its old age, the district uses progressive teaching methods to help prepare all of the area students for productive lives.
- The Eufaula Police Department keeps the streets safe while educating the public.
Live on the Banks of the Chattahoochee
In addition to its beautiful view of the river, Eufaula has a lot to offer families looking to rent. The opportunities of this Southern-charm city are only matched by the friendly and welcoming community.