Find Lovely, Spacious Houses for Rent in Alabaster, AL
Those looking for homes for rent in Alabaster will find a number of beautiful and spacious options available to them in this culturally and economically rich community. The city takes pride in the number of entertainment, recreation and retail outlets it offers residents. Alabaster is located in Shelby County, the fastest-growing county in Alabama. Shelby County is one of the most affluent in the state, and it's county seat is Columbiana.
4 Things to Know About Alabaster
- Alabaster is by far the largest city within Shelby County, and is still considered a growing community.
- The Alabaster Shopping Center, built in the 1960s, is the largest retail center in the area, offering 3 acres of paved parking that is free to residents and visitors and 13 shops that fulfill every possible shopping need.
- Alabaster offers many parks and green spaces, including nature and hiking trails along the beautiful Appalachian Mountains. Alabaster is also home to a number of recreational sports leagues.
- Alabaster is also home to the Beneful Dream Dog Park, which is located at Veterans Park. The park opened in 2012, a year after the city won the funds to create the park in a contest by the Beneful dog food company. The park's website offers helpful resources for those who own pets.
Resources for Renters in Alabaster
- The city offers online services to help residents gain permits, check city council updates and file concerns relating to the community.
- Those looking to find the latest news and happenings in Alabaster can check out the community's online news source, the Alabaster Reporter.
- The Alabaster Connection is a free newsletter offered by the city to help keep residents aware of the latest municipal events. Read the latest news or catch up on back issues online.